Friday, September 11, 2015

5-Bullet Friday, September 11, 2015

Here's the next serving of my 5-Bullet Fridays... as always, I truly appreciate that you took the time to sign up for this little weekly bite of things I find interesting, useful and cool.

  • FOR PREPPING: If you ever wanted to make your own Ghost Gun (an AR-15 with no serial number) a company called Ghost Gunner released this small, portable, open source CNC machine that does one thing... finishes your 80% lower. Just put it in, and hit the next button. At only $1500, it is one heck of time saver and a deal for those who aren't master fabricators. 
  • FOR THE WOW FACTOR: This picture of Sheriff's JeepFest this last weekend just struck me as amazing. Not because of something wild or crazy happening, but because of how many awesome off-roaders were there checking things out and participating. We can all learn something from how the team put together this event. 
  • FOR THE BRAIN:  I've become a fan of what is being called Bulletproof Coffee... a recipe made originally by Dave Asprey of Bulletproof Exec fame. Here is his recipe (video). And this is how I do it for a lot less... one LARGE cup of coffee (16oz), usually with a french press for ease, but any coffee maker will do... add 1tbsp of grass fed butter and 1tbsp of coconut oil. Blend to a frothy creamy consistency. Besides being just a buttery tasty goodness and costing a heck of a lot less then one of those fancy coffee drinks, I find I have more energy in the day - only needing the one dose all day (and there is research to suggest long term benefits of coconut oil for the brain - as someone with a history of Alzheimers in the family, I am intrigued with the possibilities). 
  • FOR YOUR GO-BAG:  Water filtration is important for any Go-Bag... the Sawyer Mini Water Filtration System is the lightest, easiest & cheapest filter I've ever used. You can use it as a straw, or can use it to fill up your bottle or hydration pack. After doing 125 miles of backpacking on the Pacific Crest Trail with an MSR filter pump, then attempting Mt Whitney with the Sawyer, I am sold on the Sawyer as my go-to filter system. 
Thank you for being a part of 5-Bullet Fridays! Let me know which bullet was your favorite or if you have anything you'd like me to check out. 

And, if you like 5-Bullet Fridays, please share this with your friends.

See you on the rocks,

Matson "Matsonian" Breakey
Metalcloak.com

No comments:

Post a Comment